Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Elephants, Owls and Penguins.


This is my first entry.
My name is Asilyn, like the Lion. (In Narnia, I can read your mind).
The picture above are my beautiful roommates. Dead Center is my hipster, Jenna Brower. To the right, Rachel Hildewig or Hedwig. I am on the left, red hair. Can't miss me.

Jenna is obsessed with elephants, Rachel loves owls, and I kind of have a thing for penguins. Which bring me to my next point. You can go into any store right now, and there are super cute owl necklaces. You can also go into any store and find neat eclectic elephants, such as our salt and pepper shakers. Jenna got them from Pier 1, super precious.
What do penguins have to offer to the world of retail? Happy Feet. You don't see someone wearing a necklace with a penguin on it.
Anyways, I want this first entry to be about my life with my roommates, because we're all pretty great together. 3 peas in a pod (I can't remember if its two or three), oh well. They are definitely my family away from home, and I love them with my whole heart.

So guess what we are doing this weekend? You guessed it. Putting up our Christmas tree. At first I was appalled by this idea, I like to put it up the day after Thanksgiving.  I couldn't resist. I want Christmas spirit in our living room, and mainly because its such a beautiful tree.


There are a few things I would like to call the rules of life: (I abide by these AT ALL COSTS, unless a roommate tells me to get a life).
1. Leather on Leather
2. white after Labor day (example: It is 0 degrees outside in the month of February, and you are wearing a WHITE sundress)
3. Jeans on Jeans (I know its in style, but it still stresses me out. I take that back, if someone can wear it in a super stylish way... go for it, but if its like a Penny's jacket with light AE jeans. We HAVE a problem.)
4. Put the christmas tree up new years day
5. Always have a new outfit for easter
 Its probably my mom shining through me, but I am really annoyed when those rules are broken.  C'mon guys.

Other than that, I am pretty laid back. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment